Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Holy Rosary Church, Brickfields

I resided in KL for a while without even realizing this church was situated where it was. It was only when it came out in a conversation with some friends last year that I came to know about it.

I was told that I could get a good view of the church if I were to take the Light Rapid Transit (LRT) train as it was located just before the Central Station.

One day when I had the chance to use the train, I had my eyes peeled for the church. And there it was, situated right below my nose unknown to me. As such I made a mental note to visit the church one day.

That one day manifested itself when I was in the area one Saturday afternoon. I decided then to pop by and attend the Mass there. When I got there, the ushers directed traffic to ensure that there was sufficient parking for everyone who was attending Mass.

I was a little surprised to see that the church was packed as it wasn't even 5pm yet. I later found out that the Mass starts at 5pm on Saturdays. This was then followed by Novena to Our Blessed Mother.

The church was an extremely beautiful one with unique architecture. I won't pretend to be an expert in that field but I like the look as it gives the church a traditional feel. Also catching my eyes were the statues of what I believe to be saints perched on the pillars of the church.

Adding to the surreal feeling of yesteryear was the use of Overhead Projector (OHP) to project readings, responses and prayers on the screen. As I have stated in an earlier entry, I loved Msgr Daniel who reminds you of a father figure who dispenses sound advice with a lot of kindness and love.

Would I return to this church? Well, I have been attending at least 5 or 6 Masses there since I showed up earlier this year. So, the answer is a resounding YES!!!!

The schedule for weekend Mass are as follows;

Saturday : 05:00pm (Eng)
Sunday : 08:30am (Eng)
: 10:30am (Eng)

No comments:

Post a Comment