Saturday, June 5, 2010

A New Beginning... A New Life....

I just had a somewhat hectic 24 hours. It was a beautiful ceremony nevertheless and I thought that the bride was brilliant in singing the song "i Do" at her own wedding.

The hubby was a mess with the tears falling freely. Thankfully, he did tell me that he'd be a bit emotional but he'd try to keep it under control. With that in mind, I made sure I had two packs of tissues handy. It pays to come over prepared.

I have to admit that the bride had an angelic voice as well. And she sang it so beautifully. It would not be an exaggeration to say that had she sang that way in a competition, she'd be in with a chance of winning.

We all knew that she was a good karaoke singer all the while. But seeing her singing live in a cavernous church with everyone in apt attention was another matter altogether. Speaking for myself, despite the fact that I have known her for less than a year, I could feel her feelings and emotions when she sang the song.

She enunciated the lyrics clearly and all the while she looked at her hubby in the eyes. With her right hand holding the microphone, she held her hubby's hands with her left as she sang it. Clearly in love, it was such a haunting and beautiful rendition of the song. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the video recording of the ceremony to relive that moment again.

At the end of the song, she broke down in tears having kept her composure throughout. And with the microphone still on, she apologized to him. And he took her in his arms and gave her a hug as well as a tender kiss on her cheek. And the priest took that opportunity to introduce the newly married couple to the congregation.

I have been to many weddings in my lifetime. I have attended a mass wedding ceremony where a few couples had their matrimony blessed at the same time. I had also attended traditional Chinese weddings as well as Malay weddings. In terms of the dream white wedding, I guess that I had been to a few.

But, despite everything, I considered this to be the best wedding that I had attended ever. Simply because the stiff upper lip of the couple to not show their emotions wasn't there.

Being somewhat expressive of my emotions especially when I feel strongly over something, I had always wondered if those walking down the aisle really want to do so. At times, they would either seem expressionless or worse of all shell shocked. I thought that seeing a couple so in love with each other and feeling on top of the world as with a bit of fearfulness and excitement thrown in was the real deal.

I spent the night with the groom trying to get him to calm his nerves. What he said as we were lazing around trying to sleep was indeed insightful. He once lived for himself. And his concerns were 90% for himself with the rest for others.

Since meeting her, he resolved that he had to change for the better. And she became the centre of his life. He did everything for her. He told me whenever he was out even for lunch with colleagues he'd be thinking of her. And when he walked past shops in the mall, he'd be thinking about getting something for her.

And now that they'd be spending a lifetime with each other, he was a bit fearful of the future. Fearful for her. Fearful if anything would befall her or himself which would left the other party alone. Fearful of all the uncertainties that life has in store.

It made me reflect on things and people that matters most to me... Do I take them for a ride or do I really show the I care for them everyday?

Well, gtg as I need to attend the ceremonial tea presentation...

No comments:

Post a Comment