Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Two Words

I was just lazing around on another hot day in the city. Wish I were in East Malaysia now where I could enjoy the Harvest Festival of the Sabahans and Sarawakians.

Anyways, no such luck but I am on leave due to my buddy's wedding this weekend. And we had a rehearsal in church earlier today as I was to be the hubby's bestman & ring bearer... Let's hope I don't misplace that come Saturday... :p

Anyway, after lunch which the soon to be married couple hosted, we scooted off to their new house in Valencia Sierramas near Sungai Buloh to help them with some of their knick knacks for the big day.

I was asked to prepare the wedding booklet which was already printed and required them to be assembled before being tied with a gold thread of some sort. So, I did and as I was putting them together, I saw a part after the blessing where the bride, who is an accomplished singer, would sing a song.

The song was entitled, "Two Words (I Do)". Out of curiosity, I asked the bride of the song and was surprised to hear that the song was sung by Lea Salonga, whose concert I recently attended in KL. Now that she mentioned it, I remembered how she dedicated that song to her husband, who was at the concert as well.

Apparently, the song was composed especially for her wedding. And she sang it at her own wedding after the exchange of vows. My interest piqued, I asked the bride if she had an mp3 of the song which she said she did. I can tell you that if there's a better song for a wedding, I have not found one to match this one.

Just for starters, here's how the lyrics go;

In a while, in a word,
Every moment now returns.
For a while, seen or heard,
How each memory softly burns.
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,
I thank God for yesterdays,
How they led me to this very hour,
How they led me to this place...

Every touch, every smile,
You have given me in care.
Keep in heart, always I'll,
Now be treasuring everywhere.
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I hold this moment true?
No trace of sadness,
Always with gladness...
'I DO...'

(Instrumental)

Now a song that speaks of now and ever,
Beckons me to someone new,
Unexpected, unexplored, unseen,
Filled with promise coming through.
In a while, in a word,
You and I forever change,
Love so clear, never blurred,
Has me feeling wonderous, strange,
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I face each moment true?
No trace of sadness, always with gladness,
'I DO...'

Never with sadness...
Always with gladness...
'I... DO...'

Try checking it out on Youtube. I can imagine how I'd feel if my love sings that to me at our nuptials... Perhaps I should ask her to marry me 1st???!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment