Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Kuala Lumpur

I attended Mass here several times before. In all honesty, this is my favorite church in the whole of KL and it's vicinity.

Unfortunately, I was unable to grab a photo of the church via the internet. Perhaps when I drop by there the next time, I'll take the photo on my mobile phone.

My first visit there was on a Saturday before I scooted off to Genting Highlands to catch a concert on Sunday. My companion was somewhat reluctant to attend Mass at this church as she told me parking was a headache considering that spaces are limited.

However, due to the hour and the fact that we both decided to go up to Genting on an express bus early next morning, she relented and we ended up attending Mass there. Unfortunately, when we arrived and finally got a parking space some 100m away, the Mass has already started. We ended up sitting at the open area between the church and a 3 or 4 story building.

I enjoyed the Mass very much that weekend as the familiarity with the songs as well as the sung responses reminded me of home. When the Mass ended, the parishioners were all invited to join in a fellowship held by the parish. Can't remember what the occasion was though. We both skipped that and ended up having Bak Kut Teh instead for dinner nearby... :p

I have since returned there a couple of time. The parking issue needs to be addressed still though...

Based on the info obtained from www.archway.org.my the Mass schedule are as follows:

Saturday - 06:30pm (Eng)
Sunday - 07:30am (Tamil)
- 09:00am (Eng)
- 11:00am (Man)


No comments:

Post a Comment