Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eveerything's Gonna Be Alright

Note: I wrote this piece on Sunday, January 10th this year sometime past midnight. It was prompted by the scenes that unfolded over the last few days where a few attacks were launched at churches nationwide...

I wrote this piece 3 times but is still unable to post... Will post in the morning when I get the wi-fi up and running... Mobile internet seems to be hay-wired tonight...

Well, I eventually managed to get my connection sorted out so here goes the 4th rewriting of this particular piece...

I was a bit blur when someone said those words to me earlier on Saturday...

For a second there I thought I was dreaming in lalaland... There I was walking in T-shirt, shorts & sandals being approached by this sweet lady probably in her mid twenties offering me a stalk of chrysanthemum... The bubble burst though as I saw others were doing the same... Hahahah... Like anyone can interest me... :p (Note: My mind is set on the one and only girl that has captured my heart)

Due to my sleep or rather lack of on Friday night, I was still somewhat dazed when I got up and had to run out for proper espresso before I got my day up and running... Thankfully, there's a bunch of Starbucks in BB and its' vicinity... Alternatives were also available e.g. Gloria Jeans & Coffee Bean... So espresso hunting wasn't to difficult a task...

Anyway, going back to the main piece, a succession of triple espressos did wonders in clearing the cobwebs... And I was somewhat piqued by what was happening... It was curious to say the least as there were around 30 or so youths distributing flowers...

With my curiosity level enough to kill a cat nine times, I went on and approached one of this flower activists... Now I'm using the word activist in a good sense, mindful of the so called activists who were against the Vietnam war previously in the United States... For the uninitiated, they put stalks of roses into the gun barrels of the soldiers... It gave birth to the song "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?"

So, naturally I asked what was all this about. He told me that this was the reactions to the arson attacks the previous day on churches in the Klang valley... They were sending out a message to all malaysians that we are united and we will respect each other...

Echoing his words was a banner measuring about 5-6 feet long with colourful letters spelling the words... It was obviously a rush job but it was probably one of the best banners I have seen in a long time... This is simply because the banner proclaimed words of faith, hope, belief and probably more importantly solidarity irregardless of race, colour, religion and any separating standards humanity created... Amazing what four words can do...

It certainly warms the heart that these youngsters were mindful of such matters... What was supposed to be a decadent generation has shamed the others by leading an act of goodwill towards not only one of their own but to others, reaching out to humanity...

I think it is best to set aside any feeling of anger, hatred, animosity and hostility... God in any name did not and will not condone what has happened whatever the reasons or justification behind it... Are we really that unreasonable that a compromise cannot be reached over this matter?

Let us not aggravate this matter further... Let justice runs it course and accept that as what is willed by God... Let not these cracks widen to a chasm which would be unbridgable...

To Christians in general and Catholics in particular, remain steadfast in your faith... What God puts you to, He'll put you through... Pray instead for everyone, the country, the leaders, the people and humanity... Let common sense prevail in these hours of crisis...

And my dear sisters and brothers, let us forgive each other... Whatever the fault, whatever the slight... Remember what our Lord said, "Forgive them for they know not what they are doing..."

Thy Lord has not forsaken thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment