Wednesday, April 28, 2010

St John's Cathedral, Kuala Lumpur


The first ever mass I attended in KL was at St John's Cathedral a few years back. I recalled arriving there at about 9 plus on a Sunday morning.

The outer side of the cathedral along the walkway was filled with traders hawking their wares. If I am not mistaken, most if not all of them were Filipinos. I didn't stop to check them out but instead went straight into the cathedral where I saw that the next Mass would be at 10:30am.

Having taken a seat, I was somewhat surprised when minutes later, an announcement was made and then everyone stood up. Apparently, it was a Mass conducted in Tagalog for the benefit of the Filipinos. I went through the motions as excerpts of the Mass was in English as the priest was a local.

Due to it's close proximity to the city centre and easy accessibility due to the myriad of public transportation systems, it remains a popular choice amongst the city folks... Not my personal favourite though... :)

As far as I know, weekend Mass schedule are as follows:

Saturday - 06:30pm (Novena at 06:00pm) (Eng)
Sunday - 08:00am (Eng)
- 10:30am (Eng)
- 06:00pm (Eng)




No comments:

Post a Comment