Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Love... Actually...

It was said that the greatest of all is love...

I just happened to catch the movie Love Actually on DVD. Since first seeing it some 5-6 years back, it probably ranks supreme in my favourite list. (You see I'm a lousy old romantic at heart despite everything...)

I caught some parts which despite the humor and simplicity of what was said, was priceless... A bit like the Mastercard adverts...

Sorry if it doesn't conform too much with the blog objectives. I thought that as we do try to inculcate a profound appreciation for those around us in CHOICE, loving someone in whatever we do constitute a major part of it...

Hope you enjoy the ones I feature in here:

Daniel : Tell her that you love her.
Sam : No way! Anyway, they fly tonight.
Daniel : Even better! Sam, you've got nothin' to lose, and you'll always regret it if you don't! I never told your mom enough. I should have told her everyday because she was perfect everyday. You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over 'til its over.

<<< . >>>

Mark's word were written on cardboard as she shows them to Juliet

With any luck, by next year
I'll be going out with one of these girls.
(Mark shows Juliet photos of super models)
But for now, let me say
Without hope or agenda
Just because it's Christmas
And at Christmas you tell the truth
To me, you are perfect
And my wasted heart will love you
Until you look like this.
(Mark flashes the photo of a mummy)
Merry Christmas.

As Mark walks away, Juliet runs up to him & kissed him before walking back to the house.

Mark then says, "Enough, enough now"

Note: Juliet is married to Mark's best friend & he has a crush on her.

<<< . >>>

Daniel : So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum, or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
Sam : You really want to know?
Daniel :I really want to know.
Sam : Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel :Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam : Okay. Well, the truth is... actually... I'm in love.
Daniel :Sorry?
Sam : I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is, I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel : Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam : No.
Daniel : Oh, well, okay... right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.
Sam : Why?
Daniel : Well, because I thought it would be something worse.
Sam : Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel : Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

Sam is Daniel's step son (9 years old I think), whose mother Joanna passed away a week earlier after an illness.

<<< . >>>

Billy Mack : When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I'm left with no one. Wrinkled and alone.

<<< . >>>

Jamie : It's my favorite time of day, driving you. (in English)
Aurelia : It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you. (in Portugese)
Neither understood each other's language

<<< . >>>

Daniel : You know, Sammy, I'm sure she's unique and extraordinary, but... the general wisdom is that, in the end, there isn't just one person for each of us.
Sam : There was for Kate (Winslet) and Leo (Di Caprio) . There was for you. There is for me.
(holds up a finger)
Sam : She's "the one".
Daniel : Fair enough.

<<< . >>>

Prime Minister : Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.

<<< . >>>

This quote didn't come from the movie, it was from somewhere I couldn't remember but has remained imprinted in my head since I first heard it...

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want him/her to, it doesn't mean that he/she doesn't love you with all he/she has....

<<< . >>>

It's pretty difficult to obtain the VCD/DVD for this movie (I should know... Took me some 4 years of hunting to find it... The other copy was bought from ebay) here in Malaysia. An outlet owner actually told me that her supplies are reserved even before they were sent to her.

So if you want a copy of it, I'd be happy to pass you a copy(burned copy... not original :p)... If you believe in love conquers all, I think this movie would be perfect for you..

BTW, if you have subscribed to Astro's Movie Channel, you may want to check the schedules there for this movie. I first saw it on Astro many years back and had come across shown from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment